I CAN'T ACT??? February 12, 2009

Posted by Deanna Stovall on 11:41 PM

When I was growing up, I was always on the stage! During holidays at church, in my community theater, even in city wide performances. I was always on stage! This was the case until I got in to High School. I'd spend my afternoons hovered around the call-board of my school, and signing up for the miscellaneous auditions that were posted at random. I was in this school for a reason, which was to train to be a professional actress; and Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts was the place to do so. It's famous for it! However, not everyone caught the eye of the theater faculty of the school. The same 6 or so people were always chosen and you were lucky to even receive a supporting role, you were even more fortunate to get a non-speaking role as an extra. I was hurt when I never got a main role in the main stage productions, but people knew I could act. So with all odds against me, I turned to directing. I became a director that secretly wanted to act, but in the minds of my peers I was one of the best directors of the school. My dinile of acting role eventual led me to directing roles, which led me to my first real love: Film.

0 comments:

Post a Comment