An Influence.......

Posted by Deanna Stovall on 4:21 PM

When it come to people who influenced me, the list becomes infinite. However, I'm only allowed to discuss film, but I'll slip some others in here too. The directors in my life are the reasons why I am the way I am. My dark side of film comes from the strange, yet talented: Tim Burton. The way he makes his film thought provoking......no wait, I take that back.....Its the mind fuck that he does that keeps us hanging on every scene! Seriously, who doesn't love The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, or even (dare I say it) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?!?!? He makes the dark and strange, slightly pleasant. I can only dream of making my films take someone head and twist their minds! Next, my disturbed twisted Texan side, the credit goes to my love for Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez films. Ever since "From Dusk to Dawn" I love both the partner ship, and the directing/screenwriting styles of the two separately. So, of course, when they did Grindhouse I couldn't contain my excitement. I know I would usually just name off all the movies I love, but don't think this computer can take all the awesomeness.(Hahaha) Then, when it comes to who I feel are my roots in film, and are my grandfathers of film credit goes to: Ingmar Bergman (a Swedish filmmaker active from the 40s-00s, and who excitingly shares the same birthday as me), Francis Ford Coppola (Director of "The Godfather," Apocalypse Now," and pretty much the greatest man ever because I met him and it was like talking to God.....well a Film God), and last but certainly not least Martin Scorsese. I he wouldn't be like a Grandfather though, but maybe like a Uncle in film. Although all of these great people are my influences in film, my biggest influence in my Mother who told me to keep filming when times got and I wanted to give up. So all of my achievements and goals, the credit goes to her.

1 comments:

Comment by SCross on February 10, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I think all the people you named are great! Especially, Tim Burton... I love love love all his movies. They are very out of the ordinary and thats what makes them just that great. But anywho, your diversity with all the different styles of movies your interested in makes for a great film director in my opinion. I think you could possibly be Burton plus one(lol.) Seriously though, all those styles combined into one is a great movie depending on how you use it, you know? I'm sure with more education in the area you'll succeed. So, good luck!!!!

 

Post a Comment